New for 2012
The LAKOS PWC
PUBLIC WORKS CERTIFIED
The LAKOS PWC Centrifugal Separator employs centrifugal action to remove settleable sand and other solids from pumped water. This LAKOS Separator has been 3rd-party-tested (see downloadable report from ICWT) and verified to:
- Remove 98% of all sand-like particle matter that is 200 mesh or larger (74 micron, or 2.6 specific gravity) in a single pass. Independently tested and confirmed.
- NSF Certified NSF/Ansi 61 Annex G
Features of PWC Centrifugal Separators
All LAKOS Centrifugal Separators share these important features and benefits:
- No moving parts to wear out or need replacing
- Low and steady pressure loss
- Minimal water loss
- The purge outlet can be fully automated for low or no maintenance
- In addition, PWC Separators are NSF certified
LAKOS PWC Separator: How It Works
LAKOS Centrifugal Separators employ centrifugal action to remove sand and other solids from water and other liquids (those solids that settle to the bottom of a container in 2 minutes or less). Water with solids enter the separator at a tangential angle through the Inlet and is accelerated inside the separator, causing the solids and heavier particles to be thrown to the outer wall of the chamber. Eventually these solids settle at the bottom of the separator where they are purged from the system through the Solids Purge. Water that is free of solids exits out the Oulet. See this animated explanation or this YouTube video that illustrates this concept.
The following models of LAKOS / Claude Laval Corporation products are NSF certified. Models are: PWC-1040-L, PWC-1040-V, PWC-1050-L, PWC-1050-V, PWC-1060-L, PWC-1060-V, PWC-1080-L, PWC-1080-V